Powerpuff Girls was actually a show about a group of small children crushing the patriarchy and no one will convince me otherwise
Anyone who tries to convince you otherwise obviously wasn’t watching the same show.
I want to comment on why the Model Minority Myth is bad - not good, not neutral, but nothing other than bad.
- Firstly, no racial stereotype is positive. They are reductive and created with the intention to limit one’s humanity. They are caricatures of an entire group of people.
- The Model Minority Myth was created by white people.
- It was coined in the 1960’s when the New York Times Newspaper ran stories describing the success of Asian-Americans (I believe specifically Japanese-American and then Chinese American people) in the US despite marginalization(they didn’t want to say racism) basically saying that through cultural influences which promoted strong family values and hard work ethic, Asian Americans were able to “thrive” in the US despite the barriers that were present.
- This was the 1960’s, an era that included numerous social & political movements not only in the US, but around the world. The Model Minority Myth was created in opposition to those movements, namely the Civil Rights Movement in a manner that proposed Asian Americans, who were/are racial minorities, were doing quite well in spite of the issues that were being highlighted throughout the Civil Rights Movement (a movement largely headed by Black Americans).
- Not only were white people using Asian Americans as a means for justifying that things were fine the way they were, white people were pitting Asian Americans against other People of Color.
- The Model Minority Myth contributes to the idea that all Asians are interchangeable. It ignores the differences in histories, economic status, and educational attainment among the people of various ethnicities who are racialized as Asian, collectively and individually.
- Statistically, it just isn’t true when you look across the board at various ethnic groups racialized as Asian the level of economic and educational disparity. (For Hmong-American people, the percentage of those living in poverty is 25% & we’re also below in terms of educational attainment and annual median salary)
- Having been perpetuated, it’s placed unfair expectations/pressures on Asian students academically and contributed to false ideas of our performance making academic aid and support more difficult (in terms of its availability and in asking for it)
When people try to argue that the British brought civilization to India etc.
I want to vomit on you.
Something people need to see:
Also let’s not forget who brought the intolerance towards sexual expression and alternative sexuality that plagues Indian society today. Homosexuality and sexuality in general was widely accepted and also revered in precolonial times. When the British came, they were deeply offended by the open acceptance of sexuality (e.g. the portrayal of sexual scenes on Hindu temple sculpture, and the traditional clothing of the people that exposed (only) the upper body) and thus we now have the stagnant legacy of homophobic colonial laws and the overly conservative attitude towards sexuality prevalent in India today.
I don’t have FRIENDS
I’m not even going to attempt to gif this. Watch it. Now. 15 pendulums, not interacting with one another, each with a slightly different time for a full swing.
Results in gorgeousness.
In case you missed it
Is it weird that that made me tear up a bit? Gorgeous.
Science side of tumblr please explain this to me
Have you ever been in a traffic jam with a load of cars indicating, and every so often they all sync up and flash at the same type. It’s like that. But on steroids.
The first pendulum does it’s thing. The middle pendulum will swing once for every 5 swings of the little one, the next one for every 7 swings and so on. Add to that how complex shit can get with 15 variables and you get all these crazy ass patterns. It’s awesome.
Please take one minute out of your day and watch this. It’s the ugly truth.
I hear no lies.
I did not think she would go there but then she did I literally screamed YAAAAAASSSSS BITCH DRAG THEM LIKE YOU’RE TRYNA WALK A CAT
300 Year old Oak Trees, Oak Alley Plantation, Louisiana
Hellboy and the BPRD #1
Writer: Mike Mignola with John Arcudi
Artist: Alexander Maleev
On Sale: 12/03/2014
A bizarre series of murders and rumors of something worse lead Professor Bruttenholm to send a young Hellboy to a Brazilian village on his first mission. Hellboy and a small group of agents uncover something terrible in the shadows of a sixteenth-century Portuguese fortress …
A NEW HELLBOY SERIES YOU GUYS A NEW HELLBOY SERIES
"Some women are lost in the fire. Some women are built from it."
Also good for the kids. They encourage having slow readers read to the family pets. A dog will listen to a kid read a whole book one damn sssyl-la——-ble at a time, and it will never get frustrated, or correct their pronunciation, or start playing Angry Bird because it can’t stand listening to the slowness any more. The dog will look at the kid approvingly, because, human. Human is talking. Human is interacting.
So this is a great win-win.
lol that blenderlid cucumberpack kid
i wonder what hell be doing in 20 yea…
woAH WHAT TEHH F CUKA SD SJDLBALDBCL
reblog if UR NOT tumblr famous bu t U ARE tired nd kinda gay